Interested in Joining Veterans of Foreign Wars-Post 9400?
There are three qualifiers for membership in the VFW, as set out in our By-Laws. An individual must meet all three in order to become a member. They are as follows:
1: Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
2: Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently serving.
3: Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters*. This can be proven by any of the following:
– An authorized campaign medal
– Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
– Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days
*This information is usually available through a veteran’s DD-214. If other information is needed or if a veteran’s DD-214 is not complete, they can contact the National Personnel Records Center online or at 314-801-0800 to request more information.
To get more information about Post 9400 and all that we do please contact us.
The VFW offers a wide range of assistance programs aimed at helping veterans of every generation. Whether that means providing free, professional help filing or appealing a VA claim, offering scholarships for post-secondary education or providing emergency financial relief when times get tough, the VFW is there for America’s veterans.
The VFW and Post 9400 appreciates your service, and so do patriotic businesses across the country. That’s why we’ve teamed up to offer you – as a VFW member and your family – discounted pricing on valuable merchandise and services. It’s just one more way we’re able to say “thank you” for all you’ve done to protect our freedom!
Two options available:
- Annual –Annual membership dues for Post 9400 is $40 per year.
- Lifetime membership — A one- time payment only fee. Amounts very with age with a one time or installment payment options. See downloadable Membership Application below for rates. (Be sure and ask us about our Special Lifetime Membership Offer).
Ready to Join?
- Download a fillable Membership Application
- Fill out application, select prefered payment program, sign and send along with a copy of your DD214 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s all there is too it.